Shine Bright | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | November/December 2018 Kit

Happy New Year!!!!

Here is my first layout with the November/December kit (the non Christmas one).

I saved this kit in order to scrap in January as I knew that I would be burned out from Christmas projects and so this was a bit of light relief to be able to get back to "normal" scrapbooking!

I made this during the LIVE scrap along in the Quirky Kits Facebook group and I generally am live in the group every other Tuesday at 7pm (this month I'll be live on 22nd and 29th).

So, I decided to cut into the scallop paper and layered these at the bottom half of the page. I then used the black with white script paper on the top half. These 2 papers work so well together and I always love a layout that starts with a black and white theme.



I added the scallops to the bottom with a tiny amount of glue runner as I knew that I wanted to add some stitching and my sewing machine doesn't like double sided tape/glue runners.

I went with a zigzag stitch to create some interest. The stitching wasn't perfectly straight (I am literally the worst machinist!!).




I love a good Snapchat filter and have seen so many scrapbook pages being made with Snapchat photos. I cannot stop myself and I'm not even sorry (hehe).

I really wanted to use the white foam words (from Jillibean Soup) but, the white was getting lost on the background. So, I grabbed some ink pads and tested out a couple of pink colours and applied the ink onto the foam words. I used a wet wipe to dampen the colour a little and the colour is a lot closer to the bits of ephemera that I have used.

To the word bright, I added some machine stitching over the top of this also.

The ink takes a while to dry so I did leave it out overnight but I would say that 24 hours later, the ink was dry. It totally depends on the ink used so lower quality inks may not always dry on the foam words. I would always suggest testing your inks with a small bit of foam and try them out!!



Although this is a photo of my husband, I wasn't scared to use flower ephemera on the layout. I created 3 clusters of "bits" which is one of the design concepts I go with the majority of the time. I used some of the ephemera from the kit to create these 3 clusters around the photo and added some Heidi Swapp glittery enamel dots (also from the main kit).

I finished off the layout by adding another line of stitching at the top of the page to help tie the top into the bottom.



I'll be back here really soon with some more inspiration!!

Claire x

No comments:

Post a Comment