Choppy Nice Weather

Hi Leo here!

With these lovely brighter evenings we've been having this past week it's given me a little more time for scrappy fun. Here's another layout I've finished up.
If you find yourself with your kit box open and not knowing where to start this is a perfect kind of layout to go with. 1 - it's really easy to complete, 2- you can use any photo using this technique without worrying if the patterns 'go with' your photo.
OK to start with I've cut out squares of patterned paper using a square punch. You can cut them by hand or with a paper trimmer just as easily. As well as sheets of patterned paper I pulled out a few of the pocket cards from the Custom Card kit to use as extra patterns and to embellish with.


Next I've cut the squares into triangles just cutting them in half with scissors. This red pattern is one of the Custom Cards. I had a lot of red in my photo so I've added just a little more red to my paper bits. You may want to pull out a different one depending on the colours in your photo/s. If you're not sure what colour is predominant in a photo squint up your eyes and look - the colour that you can see the most is your predominant one. The whole idea of this layout is to break up the pattern paper into smaller pieces that make the focus of them the colour and not what the pattern is. Keeping that in mind you can make your pieces any shape you want to - play around with squares, circles etc.


Next I started to glue down the triangle pieces. I started with the bottom row getting the positioning right, (I'm not working on them being perfectly positioned just evenly spaced out). Then I started with the another layer over the top and continued until I'd filled up my background cardstock.



After I'd glued them down I added lines of stitching with my sewing machine.

Next I trimmed another of the Custom Cards into a square to use on my layout as an embellishment.


I also layered another of the Custom Cards behind my photo with a Thickers sticker from the main kit over the top of both.


To finish I added a few more of the main kit stickers and that's that!


Hope you have a go! Tag me on the FB group or on Instagram @craftytemplates if you have a go - I've love to see what you're making breaking up your papers!
xx Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment