Natalie - Love You

Hi everyone! I'm here today with my first layout " Love You" using the new kits!



Supplies used:

Main Kit:

- Pinkfresh Studio Everyday Musings Chipboard Frames
- Pinkfresh Studio Everyday Musings Layered Stickers
- Pink Paislee Paige Evans Whimsical Paper 17 (Stars and pink ombre)
- Pink Paislee Paige Evans Whimsical Paper 14 (Flowers and stripes)

Extras:

- Pink Paislee Paige Evans Whimsical Mini Alphabet Thickers
- Pink Paislee Paige Evans Whimsical Puffy Stickers

Previous kit:

- Camera ephemera piece was from a Pretty Little Studio pack from a previous Quirky Kit last year.



This is a super simple layout, but I really enjoyed using so many chipboard frames on one layout.
I started with Paper 17 using the B side for the pink ombre, and I picked the blue, yellow and pink frames from the frame set. I decided on a diagonal design and then tried to distribute the colours evenly.


Next I started looking for matching embellishments. I fussy cut some of the beautiful flowers from paper 14. And I used the pink stripes on the reverse to back 3 of the smaller frames, to add some extra interest. 
I found this camera ephemera piece from Pretty Little Studio, which was in a Quirky kit last year and matched the pinks, blues and yellows perfectly.


Next I went looking for some photos to use on the layout. Sometimes I start layouts with a certain photo in mind, but sometimes I just start with a design idea, as with this layout! I chose 1 larger photo, and 2 smaller ones, and converted them to grayscale so they wouldn't clash with the layout colours.


Using small photos and grayscale really helps when the photos are not the best quality, just like these selfies I took on my phone.



I used the Paige Evans Mini Alphabet Thickers for my title, and picked matching colours to the frames (which despite being from a different collection, matched very well). I added foam pads under the flowers and leaves to give some dimension. And added some tiny puffy hearts. 



In 3 empty frames across the layout I added 3 Xs in different colours. The "together" banner was from the Pinkfresh Studio layered heart stickers in the Main Kit, which I disassembled and included. 


I may go back to this layout and add some journalling. You could also add a hand drawn border around the edge of the page, if you wanted to contain it a bit more. 

I hope this layout gives you some inspiration to use the chipboard frames.
If you don't have a full pack like I did, you can use just a few in a cluster. You could also use the frames to just house your embellishments, and have your photos separate. 

Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment