Do It Yourself - Natalie

Hi everyone, 

I'm back with a third layout using the current kit, before the new kits arrive soon - yay!! 

Supplies used:

Main Kit:
- Paige Evans Whimsical Paper 21 - (Butterflies A side, Hearts B side). 
- Paige Evans Whimsical Sticker Book
- White cardstock

Lite Kit:
- Paige Evans Whimsical Paper 20 - (Green pattern A side, polka dots B side).

Extra Shop:
- Paige Evans Whimsical Mini Foam Thickers
- Paige Evans Whimsical Puffy Stickers

Own Supplies:
- Wood grain Paper
- 1 branding strip (rainbow paper).


For this layout I started with the strip of polka dot paper that I had left over after backing the "beautiful" cut file on my last layout. I decided this paper would be perfect to use with photos of painting, so I found some photos of my mum building and painting our new summer house.

I used a wood grain paper from my stash as my background piece, which linked with the photos of the wooden summer house. I used a branding strip (rainbow striped) from my stash to help blend the line between the polka dots and the wood grain. 

I wanted to use a lot of photos but none of them were particularly good quality so I used 4 small photos in a square, and used white cardstock from the main kit to mat them.
I used a thin strip of the green patterned paper (reverse of the polka dots) to layer on the left hand side of the photos. 

To the left hand side I also added a rainbow stripe sticker from the sticker book, and a ruler sticker. 
I also added a fussy cut butterfly (again left over from my last layout), and a puffy paint tube, which helped to add dimension to the flat stickers.



For my title I used the multi coloured foam thickers from the extras shop. Normally I'm not a fan of using letters of different colours, but on this layout I embraced the rainbow!
I added a paintbrush flat sticker and a puffy phrase sticker. And again I added another fussy cut butterfly.



I typed my journalling on my laptop using a typewriter style font and trimmed it into thin stripes.



To the bottom right I added a 3rd cluster, to create a visual triangle, containing more stripe stickers from the Paige Evans Sticker book, a puffy paint tube and a final butterfly. 



For the last few months I've been creating a lot of more artsy style layouts with little journalling so I really enjoyed making this layout which I think is my typical style - multiple photos, lots of patterns, 3 embellishment clusters and journalling strips!


Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment