Beautiful Smiles - Natalie

Hello everybody,

I'm on the blog today with my 2nd layout using the Jan/Feb Quirky Kits! 

Supplies used:

Main Kit:
Paige Evans Beautiful Cut File
Paige Evans Whimsical Paper 21 (Butterflies A side, Hearts B side)
White cardstock

Lite Kit:
Paige Evans Whimsical Paper 9 (Blue floral A side, Yellow stripe B side)
Paige Evans Whimsical Paper 20 (Green pattern A side, Polka dots B side).

Extras Shop:
Paige Evans Whimsical Puffy Stickers

Own Supplies:
Blue Thickers



For this layout I started off with the cut file. I don't have an electronic cutting machine so I was very excited to use it. I backed it with paper 20 from the Lite Kit. I decided to make it 3D by adding foam tape around the letters on the back, before sticking down the polka dot patterned paper. So the white cut file is raised off the polka dot paper. It's a little difficult to see in the photos but you can see the shadow of the cut file at the top of the B and A particularly, showing the cut file is raised up. I then stuck the backed cut file to the yellow and white striped background (paper 9). 


I wanted to use multiple photos but because there wasn't much room left I decided to make a film stripe with 3 photos, which fitted nicely tucked into the side of the cut file.


This photo above helps to show the dimension created on the cutfile.

I then fussy cut every single butterfly from paper 21 in the Main Kit. This took me over an hour but I had a new series on Netflix to help me stay sane! I have to admit when I first saw the butterfly paper I wasn't keen on it due to the dark blue background. However once I fussy cut out the individual butterflies, they looked so much better, and now I love them! I also did the same thing with paper 14 in the main kit (light blue background with flowers) - the flowers look completely different once fussy cut off the blue background. And fussy cutting all the icons means I have an endless supply of embellishments - I didn't even use a 1/4 of the butterflies on this layout!



As the papers are all from the Whimsical collection the colours match perfectly. So I layered butterflies over their corresponding coloured polka dot - which I personally love! 


As the cut file is so busy I didn't need to add much more to the layout. I added a title with Thickers from my stash. Although I love the multicoloured Thickers in the extras shop, I have so many colours on this layout already, so I wanted to use a single colour instead.
I added 3 more butterflies to the cluster. Every butterfly is glued just under the body, and I folded the wings up to add dimension.
And finally I added a rainbow scallop sticker from the puffy sticker set in the extras shop. 



And that is the finished layout! It was so much fun to try using a cut file for the first time and to use such bright spring colours. 

Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment