Learn to Love Yourself | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | March/April 2019

It's been a while since I've posted on here.

With navigating my way through what life throws at you, you sometimes forget the importance of taking time for yourself and to do what you love - and for me that is scrapbooking. So I set aside everything that has been going on around me, cleared my desk and just scrapbooked for the evening. It was everything I remembered it to be!

Since I was indulging myself in a little "me" time I thought I would scrap some photographs of me too!! I knew when I saw the Cocoa Vanilla papers and ephemera in this kit, I had to use these right away to create a layout. The floral wreath was always destined to be fussy cut. I managed to retain a small 1/2 inch frame from that paper to be able to use as a border on another project too!!

I was going to cut the wreath in half and use it in 2 sections but just couldn't bring myself to do it, so I kept it as it was and used it as a complete piece.

Before I stuck the wreath down, I grabbed some Heidi Swapp Colour Shine in Black and added some ink splatters, mainly on the outside of where the wreath would sit. The background paper I used was also Cocoa Vanilla and this was the "Sprinkles" paper. I would love to have used both sides of this paper as it was equally as great but I decided to use the B side as it looked like the edges were treated with mixed media already and it formed a natural background paper for my wreath to sit upon.

I added some foam behind my wreath to give it some dimension and shadows. I then added in 2 photos of myself. They are slightly different but very similar and I like this technique where you have 2 photos and cannot decide on which one to use.....just use both!  I didn't back these at all, just added a little bit of foam behind them to make them the same height as the wreath.

I thought long and hard about my title. Originally it was going to be Love Yourself but found that adding in Learn To made the title seem more complete.

I added some final flourishes but including more florals from the Cocoa Vanilla die cut pack and a few circle stickers from the Pink Fresh Studios stickers (love these stickers and they co-ordinate really well too).

And my layout is finished.

This kit has really spurred me into getting scrapping again and I am already planning my 3rd, 4th and 5th layouts with it.

Thanks for sticking around and I'll see you again really soon with some more inspiration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment