Shape up Challenge Week Two

Here are the details for the next of the Shape Up challenges. If you need to get up to speed with week one the details for week one and the intro to the new challenge is here.

How it works:
I'll post a new challenge up every week over the next four weeks, (this being the first). Each new challenge will be posted here on the blog and also in the Facebook Group for you to follow along with.
Complete all the Shape Up weekly challenges to be eligible for an extra goody in your next kit box! The closing date to complete all four of your Shape Up challenge projects will be 22nd May 2019. All projects must be new projects made specifically for this challenge. You can use any stash you choose but it's a great opportunity to dig into your kit box and not leave it unused! 

Ready to see the second challenge?
For your second Shape Up challenge you'll need to create a page/project based on the shape: Cloud
If you need a template to use there's one to download and print here: http://www.craftytemplates.co.uk/CloudShapesTemplates.pdf
If you can't print a template you can draw a simple cloud shape or use a punch or cutting machine to make some. 
To get you kick started with an idea of how to use a cloud shape here's a sample I created using the templates sheet.
To start out with I cut out some of the cloud templates and sketched around them onto pieces of white cardstock then cut them out.


I then cut out a heart shape from patterned paper and glued it near the centre of my background cardstock, this was also white card. I wanted to create a rainbow effect coming from the clouds so dived into my stash to see what I had in rainbow colours. My most readily available item was sewing thread so I picked out purple, blue, green, yellow and red. I then sketched out some lines with my compass in close together arcs across my page.
Then it was just a case of using my sewing machine to stitch lines along those lines. I left the lower thread the same and just switched out the upper thread when changing the colours.


I added some watercolour paint in similar rainbow colours to my cut out cloud shapes then added them to my page putting them at the bottom and top of the stitched rainbow.


It was then just a case of adding more embellishment. I decided that it was looking a little plain so I added some of the labels cut out from the Pinkfresh Studio Joyful Day Perfect Moment paper, (in the Lite kit) around the edge to fill the page more. I also added some of the Pinkfresh stickers from the main kit and die cuts from the Custom Card kit. The red phrase is from a card in the Jan/Feb Custom Card kit.


Ready to have a play yourself?

Once you've finished your creation upload it to your platform of choice.
For Instagram tag @craftytemplates and mention it's for the Shape Up Quirky Kit challenge so I can find it.
For Facebook add it to the Quirky Kits Group - they'll be a post for each new challenge there to share it to or else mention it's for the Shape Up challenge when you post it so I can find it.
For blog add a link to your project from your blog in the comments below any of the Shape Up challenge posts, (like this one).
Or if you'd prefer to keep your project private you can email them directly to Leonora@craftytemplates.com

Have fun!
xx Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment