Fantastic | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | May/June 2019

So I've been totally rubbish at sharing my layouts from this kit on the blog. It's just been one of those months and has been on my to do list forever so thought I should share them here whilst I have a spare couple of hours to edit the photos and write up all the blog posts......

So here is the first of the 4 projects I made this month...

I of course had to use the Paige Evans cut file and knew straight away that I wanted to back it with the stripey rainbow paper from Vicki Boutins collection.

I made use of the rainbow hearts paper by fussy cutting some of these to create my "ephemera" around the page as I wanted it all to co-ordinate. I used a white Posca paint pen from my stash to add some accents to these hearts and I love the way this looks.

As there was so much colour on the page already, I decided to use a black and white photo (something I always do if I know I'm going to struggle to match up the colours - especially on a rainbow layout!)

I then added in some of the gold glitter Heidi Swapp banners to create three little clusters and I nestled these amongst the hearts I had fussy cut. I grabbed some gold glitter heart stickers from my stash to add some accents into the "a's" in the cut file also.

I added a little strip of washi tape from the kit under the bottom of the cut file and just above the photo, especially as I had matted my photo on white cardstock - this helps provide the separation between the photo mat and the white cardstock behind.

I finished it off with some ink splatters (from my stash) and backed my layout with the Amy Tan popsicle paper.

See you tomorrow for another blog post......

No comments:

Post a Comment