Like Really | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | May/June 2019

Here I am to share my 2nd layout from this month with you.

I did this one LIVE over at the Quirky Kits Facebook group (which if you're not a member then you should come over and see what it's all about!)

So - for this one I used the paper that was in the lite kit....from Jillibean soup. I bought this as an extra from the shop because again, I was just drawn to the rainbow colours.

I had already decided that I wanted to cut all of the labels out and create a layered label stack up my page. I went into my stash of embroidery floss and grabbed some co-ordinating colours so that each of my tags would have the same colour thread.

I started from the bottom of the layout and before sticking anything down I layered the pieces to see if the position would be ok and that I would have enough room at the top of the layout to add my photos. Once I was happy with this I then started sticking the labels down, some of which I stuck straight to the white cardstock and others I added in some foam to give them some dimension.

I then used the Vicki Boutin ephemera from the main kit to add in some tone on tone embellishments. So I used the blue clouds, the green banner, the yellow pencil (random but who cares right>!) and finally added in the flowers too.

Again I printed my photos in black and white and I decided not to mat these (something I rarely ever do is leave my photos without a photo mat!!).

I then staggered my photos at the top of the page to create a little more interest, especially as the photos were very similar as they had been taken as a multi shot but love how repeat photos look.

I backed my white cardstock with a gutted piece of Vicki Boutin rainbow paper (which I used for my previous blog post) and added in some of my much loved ink splatters.

And here is layout number 2 complete.... See you tomorrow for project number 3!!

No comments:

Post a Comment