Summer Vibes - Natalie

Hi everyone, I'm back with another summery layout to inspire you today!


Supplies used:

Main Kit:
- Amy Tangerine Stay Sweet - Summer Slices A and B sides
- Amy Tangerine Stay Sweet - Popsicle Summer A and B sides
- White cardstock

Extras Shop:
- Amy Tangerine Foam Phrase and Icon Thickers

Own Stash:
- Circular cut file.
- Puffy sticker.

For this layout I wanted to focus on using several patterns on one layout. I searched for a summery photo and found this selfie taken on a recent trip to Brighton.

I remembered I had this pre-cut circular cut file in my stash from years ago, and I thought the bubble/ circular pattern would be perfect for a summery beach layout.

I backed it with the 2 Amy Tangerine papers, both the A and B sides, trying to evenly distribute the patterns across the layout. At first I thought it might be too busy, but actually I think they all work perfectly together!




I used a foam phrase thicker from the Extras shop for my title, which draws in all the colours of the papers. And I added a small co-ordinating puffy sticker from my stash.



I then thought about my journalling. I initially was going to add typed journalling strips on white cardstock, to two of the circles, but after trialling it, I felt it made the page far too busy. So I decided to use a technique that I've done before, which is journalling around the edge.

I used a grey Graphik line maker pen with a width of 0.1mm, which Shimelle recommended once as the best grey pen. I think it's perfect for adding a lot of journalling to a layout, but without the need for heavy black ink.






After doing my journalling I thought about adding more embellishments, but I decided I actually really liked the layout as it was. The cut file and papers are so busy that extra embellishments really aren't needed.


I hope this layout has inspired you to use up your patterned papers!

Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment