Fantastic - Natalie

Hello everyone I'm back today with a new layout using the May/Jun kit!


Supplies used:

Main Kit:
- Fantastic Cut File
- White Cardstock
-  Amy Tan Stay Sweet - Summer Slices Paper
- Amy Tan Stay Sweet - Popsicle Summer Paper

Lite Kit:
- Amy Tan Stay Sweet - Prickly Hug Paper

Extras Shop:
- Amy Tan Stay Sweet Foam Phrase and Icon Thickers

Own Stash:
- Wood veneer
- Enamel dots


I started this layout by backing the "Fantastic" cut file using the Summer Slices and Popsicle Summer papers in an alternating pattern. 

I picked a photo of me staying in a tree house hotel in Sri Lanka on a farm with lots of tropical fruits - perfect for all the fruits in the Amy Tan papers.



I tried using white cardstock as my background but I felt the cut file just didn't stand out well enough against the white. So I decided to use the B side of the Prickly Hug paper, which is this beautiful yellow, which I think makes the cut file stand out perfectly. However I felt the layout needed containing so I trimmed the yellow paper slightly on 2 sides, and backed with white cardstock, which matches the white outline of the cut file. 

I simply matted my photo on white cardstock too. 

I love the foam fruit icon stickers from the Thickers pack so much! I fussy cut some of the tiny fruit slices from the Summer Slices paper and used them across the layout.




I used another foam icon sticker "Hello Weekend" to continue my title and draw the cut file and photo together.

Finally I added a few wood veneers and enamel dots from my stash.


A simple layout but I just love the bright colours!



Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment