Spot the difference

Colour is slightly different yes, taken in different places.
But the second one doesn't have a lump of blu tack on it.
So that is the one we will focus on! (Although #1 is more in focus. Sigh)
I wanted to use some off white cardstock to back my work and found that I already had one with a square cut out and another identical piece. In hindsight I could have used any old cardstock on the back as you can't see it. But that gave me the idea to have a raised frame for the layout and play about with it a bit.

First I gathered strips of the various papers from the kits, inked the edges and adhered them to the bottom cardstock. I did trace round where the aperture would be to help with placement. I also used a stencil with a coppery glitter paste on the top cardstock. As near to the dimension of lego as I could get.
When that was dry I did more edge inking and then adhered the two cardstocks together with foam pads

I added more strips of paper and ribbon across the top to act as a bridge on which to rest my photos. Then I took one of the tags and had fun piling embellishments over it.
I realised (as ever) that my inky fingers had left ink where I didn't want it. Luckily I hadn't added the date as yet so was able to stick that over it with more foam pads.
The title was cut with alphabet dies three times - twice on cardstock and once using patterned paper. Once it was stuck down I applied Glossy Accents to give even more dimension
Job done. And much better without the blu tack

No comments:

Post a Comment