I couldn't wait til blogging time

I just had to share this layout on the Quirky Kits facebook page, but of course then didn't get round to blogging straight away (I had a holiday then a week of work after holiday!)
 This was a simple page to put together thanks to that awesome Pink Fresh Freedom paper. Because I like a graphic style I did go round all the square with black marker pen to make the coloured blocks stand out more.
Then I just riffled through the delicious pile of papers to find some that would tone in with the blocks and the fabulous letters.
I was sent the main Rainforest kit  but Leo also popped the vellum butterflies in for me and they were a perfect addition to this page. I carefully outlined them with black pen. You do have to be careful with vellum as any wet medium causes them to curl, but this pen worked fine.

I outlined my stack of papers and photo and stuck them just on top of one the cut apart cards. I found lots of lovely little die cuts from the Elle's Studio Live Laugh Love pack and also used one of the watercolour effect labels. 
I had planned to put the "enjoying this moment" die cut with the cluster on the right hand side but lost it on my desk. I hunted high and low and even tidied a bit (shock!). It was only when I realised my photo stack wasn't properly stuck down and lifted it up that I found where it was hiding - right underneath! And I had put other things in its place so it got moved somewhere else (meaning you can still see a bit of the fridge I was hiding but it didn't work there anymore) (must make a note to ask that selfies are not taken right by a fridge)

The finishing touch was the lovely Nuvo Jewel Drops. The kit has made for a great time of transition page that expresses some of what I feel about this time of change

No comments:

Post a Comment