My lovely Valentine

My sweet husband filled a photo frame with photos of the two of us from the last 27 years and has put it up on our landing. It was such a romantic gesture that it needed commemorating and as Leo had furnished me with the perfect paper in the kit, what could I do but scrap it!

I mainly used papers from the Lite kit but stuck in some scraps from the main kit and the cameras from the embellishment kit as well. I just had to use that Feb 14 paper as the background, but loved the other side as well. I had another sheet so could use quite a bit of it but with some careful gutting you could do the same with just one sheet.

I made sure that everything had a coating of Vintage Photo distress ink so it didn't look too busy. I felt that some more pops of colour were needed at one point as it was in danger of looking too brown and red so I added a little turquoise - mostly using the tear off strips from the bottom of the papers. I find them very handy for this sort of thing. I added some detailing with a fine brown pen so that it looks more like two pieces of paper than a scallop printed onto the pink (see below)

I love those clips!

I drew a rough heart shape for my journalling, making sure I knew where it would be tucked in before I wrote. There was a tiny heart on the "Do all things with love" journal card but it wasn't big enough so I hand cut another one using one of the Daily Grind paper red chevrons. Another part of it appears in the top right hand corner!
The "right now" sticker comes from a previous Quirky Kit.
Phil reckons there are not many photos of just the two of us - even over 27 years. So don't be like us -  take as many photos of you and your significant other as you can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment