Tell me the old story

The trouble with digital cameras is that you don't always print out your photos and if a hard drive gets corrupted then you have lost the lot. So it was a lovely surprise when Phil found some photos we thought we would never see again. The quality is terrible, but the story of the day has gone down in family history so I knew that I wanted to record it with paper and glue!

This layout features papers from the lite kit Pocket Diary along with the Theresa Collins paper from the main kit. I spent some time playing about with the shapes that I cut out from the papers but decided that the background looked a little plain so before sticking anything down I sponged some Delicta gold ink through a chicken wire mask around my page. The ink is very wet so does need to be left to dry or dried with a heat gun for a while.

While I was waiting I went round the edge of every paper with a Sharpie Pen then added a border on the papers with a thin black felt tip. I created a banner at the top using papers and ribbon. Some of them were raised on foam pads to add dimension.
I stapled one of the cameras from the vellum in the Junk Drawer kit onto one of the journalling papers and slipped my photo underneath.
The little flower was painted with Distress Inks and some more of the Delicta gold ink. I smoosh a little ink onto a perspex stamp mount and pick it up and paint with a fine tipped waterpen.

I added the Project Life alpha stickers and wrote my journalling directly onto the page. If I could do it again I would have started the journalling further to the left of the photo - but I am pretty happy with it as it stands and think that the whole page is a great backdrop to a special family memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment