Hello everyone! 
I hope you have been enjoying using your March/ April Quirky Kit.
The current main kit is called "Rainforest" and is inspired by watercolour patterns and spring. 
So when thinking about what photos to use I decided to go back to some photos I took in 2014 up a mountain in China. This photo is of a column of a pavilion juxtaposed against the forest behind.


I knew I wanted to keep the layout colours as black, white and green to match the photo. 
The background paper is "Wish" from Pinkfresh Studio's collection "Dream On", and was in the main kit. I love having a patterned paper as my background and this paper is beautiful but subtle enough to work as a background.
I then backed my photo using the B side of Elle's Studio "Woodgrain" paper, which is beautiful black drawn hearts. And then the beautiful green succulents paper from Kaisercraft.

For my journalling I used one of the cards from the custom cards kit but covered the motif in the bottom right with these beautiful succulents which I fussy cut out from the flip cards in the main kit. 



For my title I used an ephemera piece from my stash and the Elle's studio mint alphabet from the embellishment kit, to write out the name of the town. I used one of the Freckled Fawn label stickers from the custom card kit to put my date on. And added a matching mint enamel heart which was from the Extras shop, and a small wooden heart from my stash. Putting the hearts here stopped me from having "trapped white space" between the title and the label. 


I really like diagonal designs so in the top right and bottom left corners I sprayed Heidi Swapp Colour Shine in "Seafoam", which matches the mint colours in the kit perfectly. 
And added some of the beautiful vellum butterflies from the embellishment kit, which I absolutely love! This is my third layout in a row using them, they are just the perfect addition! 




I hope you like my layout, it's very soft and simple but I love it.
 I'll be back soon with my second layout using this beautiful kit!
Happy scrapping!

Natalie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment