Hello everyone!
I'm back with my second layout using the Mar/Apr kit. 

This photo is me at my college's summer ball last year, which had "Biophilia" as the theme, with "humans becoming animals, and buildings coming alive". There were beautiful illuminations of animal prints, eagles, unicorns and butterflies on this building all night. I thought the bright pink, yellow and greens in the windows matched the florals perfectly.

For this layout I started off with the gorgeous Bella Blvd Make Your Mark "Magnifique" paper which is the beautiful big florals! However I thought the paper by itself was too busy for a background, and I didn't want to cut it into smaller sections, so I decided to fussy cut out all of the flowers.
I laid these on to this beautiful blue background, which was a B side of one of the Jillibean Soup papers. Because I didn't use the central flower which I cut out, this left enough "white space" on the page for me to add my photo and title. 

I used foam pads under the leaves and some of the flowers to add dimension to the layout.



I used the beautiful vellum butterflies again, and copied the idea of using the Nuvo Jewel Drops to decorate them, from Alice and Lythan! 


For my title I used the explore acrylic piece from Freckled Fawn, and then a plain white alpha from my stash. 

I made an embellishment cluster at the bottom of the photo with pieces from the beautiful Elle's Studio "Live, Laugh, Love" Bits and Pieces pack! And a floral and an arrow from my stash. I had to use foam pads to lift the cluster up to the same level as my photo.



As well as the small amount of text in the embellishment cluster, I also added some hidden journalling. This is a really good way to include journalling you don't want everyone who looks at your scrapbooks to read. However on this layout I added it simply because there wasn't room on the rest of the layout! I added foam pads behind my photo, but left room for the tag to slide in and out. The tag is also from the Elle's Studio ephemera pack, which was in the Main Kit. 




I hope you like this layout, and it gives you some ideas of how to use the floral paper without it overpowering the layout! I had a lot of fun making it!

Natalie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment