But Everything Has Changed Now | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | May/June 2018

Hello Everyone....

I'm back with some inspiration using the May/June 2018 kit. I must admit, I've got a few layouts to share with you over the next couple of weeks so I hope you like everything I will be sharing.

I decided to tackle a topic that is often spoken about in scrapbooking and that is the topic of scrapbooking difficult times or situations.

When I saw the Heidi Swapp paper with the palm leaves, I immediately wanted to use it. However, I have no photos that would really fit the theme of this paper. Except one. This photo has been in my box ever since I started scrapbooking 2 years ago and I didn't want to scrap it due to family not being now what it once was. But, the photo of the sunset on our family holiday was perfect.




I couldn't bring myself to look at this photos in my photo scrap box and so I bit the bullet and dealt with it the only way I know how.....Make the page fit the memory I wanted to keep. So I decided that I was going to add a lot of journalling to this layout and so I folded one corner of the paper back to create a nice big clean space in order for me to do my journalling. This also bought another pop of white to complement the white matt I had put behind both of my photos.





I used a mixture of bits from the kits to create my title. Firstly I used the "Everything" sticker from the Wild Heart Sticker sheet in the main kit. The sticker read "This is Everything" but I just cut off the last word to make this work in my title. Next the little teal alphas from Kaisercraft were from the Lite Kit and finally the "Now" acrylic piece was in the embellishment kit.


This shows how well each of the kits complement each other and I love the different fonts altogether and it makes the title a real focal piece on the layout.


And here is the final layout with the addition of a butterfly and a couple of word stickers from the Wild Heart Sticker sheet. The addition of the 2 dates - 2012 and 2018 to signify when the photo was taken and when the journalling was written. And finally I added some gold holographic leaves and a heart in the top left cluster and also down in the bottom right of the journalling and these were from the custom card kit.


I hope this layout has inspired you to tackle some photos that might be difficult to journal about or scrapbook but these are all stories in our life and always think about wanting to remember what you thought and felt at the time and whether you would want to look back on that in years to come. I have overcome my hang up about completing a layout using photos that I can't bring myself to look at any more but they are scrapped and in my album and I feel great for getting down on paper exactly how I feel today. 

Claire x














No comments:

Post a Comment