December Daily - Traveller's Notebook

Hello everyone I am back, a little later than promised, with my 2nd project using the September/October Quirky kit.
This time I am going to show how you can use non Christmassy papers and embellishments to make a December daily spread...in a travellers notebook!

Here are the items I used and how I created my spread

From the Main Kit:
  • Heidi Swapp Hawthorne 12x12 patterned paper
  • Vicki Boutin Field Notes Collect and Document 12x12 patterned paper
  • Pretty Little Studio Savannah Dreams Rainy Days die cuts
  • 1 Cut apart journaling label
From the Embellishment Kit:
  • Pink Fresh Studio Simple and Sweet Gold puffy Alpha
  • Pink Fresh Studio Indigo Hills Enamel Dots
From the Extras Store:
  • Kaisercraft Misty Mountains die cuts
From my own stash: 
  • Last years December quirky kit red glitter alpha
I started of the left page by cutting a rectangular piece of the Hawthorne paper and using the number one from last years December quirky kit. I cut a strip of the collect and document paper, cut a flag at one end, and adhered it underneath to form a banner. Underneath I used some of the PFS Simple and Sweet gold puffy alphas to write DEC.



I laid out my photos where I wanted them to be and matted them on some more of the Hawthorne paper. I tried hand journaling, but I didn't like how It looked so ended up typing up my journaling and matting it on some more of the Vicki Boutin paper to make it stand out from the page.
As one of my photographs were taken in the rain, I figured the Rainy Days die cuts would be perfect to place above the picture along with the "you got this" banner from the Misty Mountains die cut pack.

I finished this side by adding another one of the Kaisercraft diecuts and 3 enamel dots in the top right corner for decoration.

For the right page I cut up some strips of the Hawthorne paper following the lines of the pattern and lay them down to form a tree shape, cutting a small square for the base also. This time I decided against matting my photo's and just opted for leaving a thin piece of the white around the edge of them. I also used some more of the PFS gold puffy alphas for the title on this page.


I cut apart one of the labels that Leo makes for another journaling spot and layered that on a bigger piece of the Vicki Boutin paper, and finished with a flower embellishment from the Misty Mountains pack.

To finish off the page I added Pink Fresh Studio enamel dots so it looked like baubles on a tree :)

So that is my two page spread for December first. I really like the wooden paper for the tree, we live in a small flat so decided against getting a big green tree as it would take up a lot of light and space! Instead we bought a pre-lit silver birch tree that we can have up all year round...minus the baubles etc on it haha.
I hope you like it, I will be back on 12th Dec with my last project using this kit, before we start stalking the postie for the new kits. 

Happy Scrapping everyone! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment