Happy Thoughts | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | September/October 2018

So this is the last layout from the current kit.....boooooo. But, the new kit is on the way......yay!!

I created this one during the Scrapalong Live over in the Facebook group. If you're not in the group then be sure to head on over and join in. I go live every 2 weeks with inspiration using the current kit (and sometimes bits from previous kits too).

For this layout I decided to channel my inner Amy Tangerine. At a workshop I attended, she encouraged us to embrace imperfection by cutting our own free hand hearts. This terrified me as I like everything to be perfect and straight. But, today I embraced the imperfect and just went for it.

I decided to use a sketch designed by Ashley Horton (below). This fit perfectly with the idea I had in mind for the hearts.




So I set about cutting into the scraps of paper (I think they were all from PinkFresh Studios). I cut a handful of hearts in differing sizes. I used 2 different coloured hearts to create some interest. I layered these to the top right and bottom left of my layout, overlaying the sides of the circle. I popped some up on foam and others I stuck straight down to the white cardstock.

I then added in some stickers from the Heidi Swapp stick sheet and this introduced a new colour to the layout. This is ok as I added multiple pops of this colour and I even added in a flower sticker...on a boy layout! I made the sticker go further by cutting it in half and tucking it in the 2 clusters of hearts. 
I decided at the last minute to cut a half inch strip from each the top and bottom and mount this onto the Heidi Swapp patterned paper (the beautiful floral one) and even added in some puffy stickers, one of which spanned across my 2 photos as my title. 


See you next time with the new kit!!




No comments:

Post a Comment