2 for 1


Hello, it's Nicola here.

I'm delighted to have been asked to create some layouts with this kit as part of the design team. So today I'm popping on to share a layout that uses one of the gorgeous butterfly cut files in a slightly unconventional way...

Who else is loving the cut files that we've been receiving in the last couple of kits?! I know I am but I personally don't always have the time or patience to fussy cut backing papers for them. Lately life has gotten in the way of my scrapbooking a bit, it happens doesn't it, so I've been trying to find some simple but effective layout ideas that I can create in a relatively short time. 





So to create this layout I first laid the cut file down on to my white cardstock and taped it down in a couple of places using washi tape to create a stencil.

I then took a couple of Copic markers and my airbrush tool and spritzed over and around the cut file and once I was happy I carefully removed the cut file.

By using this spritz method, the cut file is very much still useable so I'll get 2 layouts out of it for the price of one and who doesn't love making their supplies go that little further?

Now I know this is quite a specific tool I've used but a similar effect could of course be achieved using watered down inks and a brush or for a bolder look you could even use your cut file as a stencil for a heavier mixed media background, although then it might not survive for a second layout.

Then I just matted and layered my photo on to a couple of the gorgeous Maggie Holmes and Pinkfresh papers from the kit and roughed up the edges to add dimension.

To finish it off I fussy cut a couple of the flowers from the Crate Paper All Heart paper and added a few elements and title from the CVS collection.


Simple but effective I think. 

I plan to share some more of these quick layouts with you over the coming weeks to maybe inspire those of you who are also short of time or who are maybe in a bit of a scrapbooking rut as I know I find that sometimes forcing myself to make a quick layout, even if I'm not all that happy with it, is enough to get me motivated again.

Happy Scrapping!
Nicola x

No comments:

Post a Comment