You can't always be strong | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | March/April 2019

I just love the cut files that have recently been included in the kits. Although I have a Cricut at home, it really helps to have pre cut designs that are ready to go!!

So I was really inspired by the "Brave" cut file in this kit. I thought really hard about what photos I could use of someone being brave, like doing a bungee jump (not me!!) or someone doing something that steps them outside of their comfort zone.....and then it struck me that I did something brave during the week.

Now to some, this won't seem like a brave thing to do but for me it certainly was. So I started with a new company back in August last year and they have celebrated 25 years in business this year so they took all employees out for afternoon tea at a lovely stately home. For me, sitting with 100+ people that I can't say I know very well was my worst nightmare. I struggle to socially interact in bigger groups where I don't know people that well.




For me, this was a brave moment where I decided to still go and try and beat those social anxiety demons.

I needed some smaller alphas to create a longer title so I grabbed some from my stash and teamed them up with the gorgeous gold glitter alphas and the cut file to complete my title.

I love mixing alphas to create a longer title and this is a great way to use up alphas where you don't have enough to create a title.

And adding in a cut file as part of the title is another way to create a difference in your title too.

I then used the Apple Blossom paper by Maggie Holmes to fussy cut all of those flowers out (and I cut the whole page of flowers ready to use on other layouts when I need them).

I tucked these into little clusters around the layout, almost in a diagonal fashion to have them appear to be floating down the page.

I even added one of the flowers into the centre of the cut file.

Finally, I added in the circle die cut from the Cocoa Vanilla Studios ephemera as this created a perfect spot to add in my journalling.

And a few stickers from the Joyful Day stickers and my layout was completed.

One final thing to note - I fussy cut the floral piece from the Cocoa Vanilla Studios paper (see my previous blog post) and managed to salvage the outer frame and I used that on this layout to create my border.

And here is the final layout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment