Just me and My Beau | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | May/June 2019

Here is the final layout from me using this months kit.

Would it surprise you if I told you it was a rainbow layout!?

I had to use the rainbow doilies from the main kit on this layout and had been fussing over my design for a couple of weeks about what I was going to do with them. I had an idea to create a rainbow shape with them. I was chatting away to a scrappy friend about the doilies and she said "why don't you use them in a rainbow shape" and so that confirmed my decision and was exactly what I was going to do.

This layout came together very quickly because all the hard work was done in the doilies.

Before I stuck the doilies down, I grabbed my Heidi Swapp ink sprays and splattered some in co-ordinating colours so I used, Butter, Hot Pink, Tropicana Teal and Wilted and Amethyst. I then stuck my doilies down and added in some of the fussy cut hearts from the Vicki Boutin paper and a couple of 3d stars that I had made. Finally I added my title and photo.

I wish there was something more I could say about this layout but that's it.

Something so effective and unique in design and it was probably the quickest layout I have made in the last couple of months. It took me longer thinking about the design of it then actually creating it. We need to learn not to procrastinate as it eats into our scrappy time....right?!

Thanks for reading my Blog posts and I will see you back here shortly with some more inspiration from the next kit!!

Claire x


No comments:

Post a Comment